- Bill Viola at the St. Louis Art Museum closes on September 6.
- The Japanese Festival at the Missouri Botanical Garden. September 4 to 6.
- Intervals, a September 21 performance at the Pulitzer Foundation for the Arts. A collaboration with the Opera Theatre of St. Louis, this not to be missed experience set within video projections features soprano Christine Brewer and installation/multi-media artist Ann Hamilton. Tickets are $25.
- St. Louis Art Fair in Clayton. September 10 to 12.
- Poet Reginald Dwayne Betts reads his work as part of the River Styx reading series on September 20.
- Answer Factory at the Luminary Center for the Arts features text based installation artists. September 10 to October 16.
Be sure to check out The Luminary Center for the Arts‘ contemporary furniture, object, and architectural design exhibition August 13 and 14. On August 14, there will be several do it yourself design workshops as well.
FORM 2010 is a fundraiser for The Luminary Center for the Arts, a nonprofit artist resourcing organization that that seeks to provide meaningful support to emerging artists, audiences and appreciators in the St. Louis area. Proceeds from FORM will be used for a new artist equipment library at The Luminary, which will provide area artists and creative professionals with access to specialized equipment such as a woodshop, media lab, film and video equipment, and large format printers.
VIP Preview Night tickets for August 13 (7 to 10 pm) are $25 in advance or $30 at the door.
General tickets for August 14 (11 am to 4 pm) are $7 in advance or $10 at the door.
Some of the featured exhibitors include: